June 22, 2009

Travel Blog Ideas

I have been thinking more about my travel blog, and how to organize it. There are some different options:

1.) Blog about each trip as it happens, or immediately following
Pros: Very organized, seems more professional, will work well when I am studying abroad
Cons: I don't travel enough, or regularly enough - I would have to backdate extensively to make this work, it would feel weird to write too much about any one trip, etc.

2.) Blog about whatever I want, whenever I want
Pros: This is the easiest and most fun for me, the blog will be updated very regularly, it makes it look like I've been more places because of the random juxtapositions.
Cons: Very disorganized

3.) Pick a way to organize the blog (by trip, by theme, etc), or even one or two ways and have different 'features'.
Pros: Organized enough
Cons: Hardest for me


I'm leaning towards number three, but having a hard time figuring out what sorts of organization methods I should employ. Should I do it in the form of articles, like, "A Day at Suomenlinna", or "The Cloud Forest of Costa Rica"? Should I have random features like "Picture of the Week" with a story behind it? And should I interrupt all of this when I am actually traveling, in order to talk about the here and now?

Any advice would be appreciated! :D (This means you, Stephanie and Uni...)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I like #2 best. If you want to organize, you can always use tags.

& Picture of the Week is a nice feature. I love pictures!

Elindomiel said...

Ah yes, Tags. Good suggestion. :D

Quirky Nomad said...

I'm just starting a travel blog and I'm having the same dilemma. I found your entry when googling "travel blog ideas" and think your blog is very interesting. I say number 2 is probably the better idea, because it's more realistic and easier to execute.