June 25, 2009

Post Number 1000

I've reached post number 1000, And I'm going to use it to share two recipes that I have prepared recently. The first one is a super easy stir fry thing I made up myself. The second one I got from some old copy from a recipe book, but I changed it around some.


Easy Teriyaki Stir Fry

Teriyaki Sauce, 1 Small Head of Broccoli, 2 Chicken Breasts, 2-3 Cups Cooked Rice,
1 Egg, Light Cooking Oil, Salt and Pepper to Taste

Heat oil in a skillet, add chicken cut widthwise into pieces. Cut broccoli into florets and add to skillet, add cooked rice, a little more oil, and the egg. Stir quickly so that the egg chunks are very small (ideally, more of a coating on the rice). Add teriyaki sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.


Cinnamon Butter Chicken

6 Tablespoons Butter, 2 Tablespoons Oil, 2 Onions, 3-4 Chicken Breasts, Salt to Taste
3/4 Cup Dry Vermouth, 1-2 Teaspoons Tomato Paste, 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon

Melt the butter and oil in a large skillet. Cut the onions to whatever size you like - I left mine in fairly large chunks. Put the onions into the butter and cook slowly until very soft. Add the chicken and brown on all sides. Remove the chicken and set it aside. Stir in the vermouth, tomato paste, cinnamon, and salt. Return the chicken to the pan and cook, covered and on low heat, for about 30 minutes.

No comments: