November 24, 2008

High School

I went back to the high school today, and almost lost it at the entrance. It felt so strange. But once I was inside the feeling was gone, perhaps because I was no longer traveling through time, but merely back in time already. I had some bad luck trying to find people. Mrs. McFarland was working on something, so I left the library only to find myself staring straight at Mrs. Lehmann, who has moved up in the world, so to speak, (she says 'come out of the closet' herself. :D) and is now occupying the main office, which has been totally remodeled. We chatted and she invited me to the German Christmas. :D

I went upstairs to foreign language. Eilken's room was open, but I didn't see her. Kiser's room was closed. I passed more closed doors and a detention, and then I wandered into Smith's room. We chatted for about half an hour, and it was very nice, except for once or twice I thought that I offended her, which was very strange because in both cases I thought it was evident that I was joking, and I had never thought of Smith as the type to get easily offended. Then Eilken showed up and explained that the department was empty because there was a Spanish/French meeting, to which Smith responded, "Oh, those caseless languages!" :D

I talked to Eilken for a while too, which was nice. And then later I went to see Mrs. McFarland again. I succeeded this time, although the library was almost deserted. On the way in I saw Billie and Layla... Of course, I mean Betty and Nedah. But that was strange. McFarland and I chatted, mostly about my trip, because she hadn't heard yet. She scolded me for staying with 'strangers'. Why doesn't anyone understand Internet Friendships? XD

The new librarian (Diel is gone) asked me whether I used to work at Sachs. I said that I did. He said that he had seen me there once or twice, he thought, and that he was dating Jim's sister.

Amy? I asked. I met her at Borders.

Yeah, I met her there too.

Haha, and I used to go to that Borders all the time, since it was next to the library. Small world, isn't it? :D

It was late by this point, but before I left I thought I'd check to see if Mrs. O'Toole was still around. She wasn't, but on my way out of the Science section I heard a scream and frantic footsteps as Nedah, Betty, and two friends ran passed armed with a school video camera, actively recording. So Miranda, looking mildly startled and amused, makes it into one last Parkway West Video.

I miss them. :P

No comments: