May 30, 2006

Whoa... It's Summer...

Where'd school go? It just sort of vanished without a trace... there was no worrying about finals this years, for instance. No borderline grades! 3 good, solid B's that would take either a miracle or a disaster to change, 1 Golden and Shining H, and 3 A's to sort of round things out. Last year I got one more A (Damn the change in History teacher...), but I also got a C (Thank god I switched Math teachers). So, that's how it goes. The only grade I'm really dissappointed by is Biology. 89.3... that burns. It does. But, I really don't think I deserved an A. Well, I'm not sure. I just didn't expect one, at all. Thats what I mean. Ah! Confusing! I wish I had just known it was a B, no more questions...

Anyhow, for better or for worse, it's over... Sophomore year's behind me, and I'm feeling like a walking talking paradox. I feel at once empowered and enslaved; I'm free from school, and this is my last summer without working. At the same time, I still live with my parents, and... bah. Things all seem too close and too far away. Then every once in a while I still feel young and naive and pathetic, but that's fading, and I've been feeling old! Bah, I must have some sort of complex, I think. But I'll be an upperclassman in the fall... and just the other day I was a Freshman...

The mood today was not really rejoicing like in past years, nor was it full denial... it was kind of shock, like "Hwoah... It's summer... We're upperclassmen..." I asked Andrew how we got so old, and he said, "I Blame Wendy!" So, I guess we're still younger than I thought. I mean, after all we had riots on the bus about taking pictures. Crazy kids. And the Freshmen... they were bad enough at the bottom, but now they'll be Sophomores and think they're all that, and the upcoming Freshman are the famous Siphilis Sixth Graders. We'll be clinging to the... my god, they'll be Seniors now. And then they'll leave early, that'll be rough. I'm seeing my life flash in front of me here!

Good Morning Summer! Tomorrow I'll clean my room from top to bottom, make some apple cider, and go sit on the hammock, and maybe write. Goal 1, after all, is to Tame the Seven Headed Dragon... Yeah, I'll need to start on that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh... don't talk about our sophomores leaving. they're our sophomores, always have been, always will be. even when they're *gasp* seniors...

Elindomiel said...

I totally know! ;_; Hey Gwen, since when do you read my blog? :P

We have to get together this summer! And you can drive! So Call me! >D