May 21, 2006

Go on Strongly

I can finally put words to how much I love you. I love you more than I love us, and in the end, no matter how it hurts me, I want you to be happy. I want you to feel so good, even if it means I get the raw end of the deal - nothing. I want you to be as happy as you were with me, and thats more important than how you get there. So whether it's me after all (who knows, fate may bring us together again, in our college years) or someone entirely different (someone tall and beautiful and perfect for you), I'm confident that you'll find your place in the world. You're too amazing not to - the most amazing person I've ever known.

I don't know who's stronger anymore. Is it me for being stubborn and immovable, and holding against out little 'test of patience' with everything I had, or you for realizing that maybe not every test is worth passing, and that some things are hard to live without, but harder to live with?

We're young, so we should be wild and free. You don't deserve to be tied to a computer all summer with half the girls at your school beating a path to your door. So go on, go on strongly. But don't forget me, forget me or ever stop loving me for what I gave you, if half the things you said we're true. First love, confidence, courage, faith... you even claimed, once or twice, that I may have saved your life. You came out of this a stronger person, and I, perhaps, a weaker o ne. I can't think of a pillar of my life that hasn't been shaken since we ended our time together. But even so, I'm glad. So go on strongly.

No comments: