May 15, 2006

Maternal Flip Out

Yesterday was Mother's Day. Mom came home with ice cream, we all ate it and played Tripoly and had a great time. Then she flipped out. Since then, she's been dictating every aspect of my life, and really going into hysterics if I try to debate anything. She's been saying that I've decided I can do "Whatever the hell I want" and that I "Don't do anything she asks me to do."

Example: Today she called me downstairs and told me to check the laundry to see if it was dry. I did so, it was still pretty damp, so she told me to put it on high and give it more time. 15 minutes later, she checks it and it's dry. She decides this means I was lying to avoid work, because it obviously couldn't have been wet fifteen minutes ago. So she decides I have to fold half of it, and my sister has to fold half of it. Fine. We start to fold. I've folded 2 out of the 3 pairs of Jeans when she yells at us to start folding in another room. No reason. We have to go in the living room where she's watching some sort of horrible horror thing I really do not feel up to. Then she really gets weird, yelling at me as my sister folds the last pair of jeans that I'm somehow making her do all the 'real' work. Then she tells Melissa to dump all the laundry out of the bucket and onto the ground. Melissa asks why, and she's just like "BECAUSE I SAID SO". I ask her why she's controlling every move we make, since it's actually getting to the point where it's impeding our progress. She tells me if I open my mouth again I'll lose my (self bought and paid for) cell phone for a monthe.

What am I supposed to do with her? Hopefully this will pass soon, but she's really gotten uncontrollable. I didn't even want to come home from school today, to be honest. o.O Normally, there's at least some sort of underlying reason that she's ticked at me or at life in general. I really don't know what that would be, I can only hope there is one, that she's not going as batty as her own mother is. (For reference, I have never been taken to meet her, and never will be.)

1 comment:

Elindomiel said...

Menopause? :P She's been claiming that's it every time she's had a bad day for the last 4 or 5 years. She has been having hot flashes and running around naked more often now, though. Maybe it's both, eh?