April 23, 2006

Depression

In the car, my dad said he felt depressed. It was when no cheerful remark came to me that I realized I wasn't so happy either, and my mood depreciated over the next couple of hours, filled with homework, worrying, mild annoyance, and disappointment. I've worked most of the weekend, but that's not the bad thing. The bad thing is that when there hasn't been work there hasn't been play, either. Only work, and not work. Theres a ton of work for school; all in that awful level of 'mini project' assignments that are too small to immerse yourself in, but more work than a normal assignment. We're reading books and writing essays I have no passion for; I feel so burned out in a passive, stupid sort of way that I can't say I really even care about the Spanish project (which was designed to be quite fun). On top of that, I'm exhausted (late nights last week, and no sleeping in this weekend), and the allergies are draining my energy steadily. Everything's just kind of blah... coldish and wettish and empty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*A foul and frightening voice compels you to check your electronic mail account*

Elindomiel said...

No wonder I felt like crap.