September 09, 2005

Zombie

The other day I heard the song Zombie by the Cranberries. I listened to it a few times through, getting a feel for the creepiness, before I realised that (as usual) I was hearing the lyrics entirely wrong. Looking them up, I found date, and was intrigued enough to do a little research into the background of the song. It says this:

This was inspired by the IRA bombing in Warrington, Cheshire in 1993. Two children, Jonathan Ball and Tim Parry, were killed. The IRA (The Irish Republican Army) is a militant group determined to remove British troops from Northern Ireland.

It's actually a neat song, once you get past what she's doing in her throat.... This is my favorite line:

"It's the same old theme, since 1916.
In your head, in your head, theyre still fighting."

No comments: