September 08, 2005

Eowyn's Dirge

In The Two Towers (Extended Edition), Eowyn sings a little dirge at her cousin's funeral. I remember this song; I remember hearing it for the first time. My friend Christina got it and called me over for a sleepover. We watched the whole thing through, then our favourite parts again. It was a long, wonderful night.
But this scene stands out in my memory mostly because it was the last time that the scenes of grief and devestation in the Lord of the Rings remained just that - didn't affect me on a personal level. I don't know what happened after that - whether I grew up, whether what I saw really did allow me to understand better, whether my melodrama at last exceeded my hyper unrealism.
Her grief wasn't real to me. Eowyn's Dirge was the last harmless tragedy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Usb Sim Card Reader/Writer
The Usb Sim card reader/writer is a nifty tool that allows you to transfer information to and from your cellphones sim card via your computer.
credit card we can help you. We can get almost anyone approved for any type of loan you need, including all types of mortgages, refinances, pay day loan advance, auto financing and much more.
www.nwcleasing.com
can help you get the funds you need fast, usually within 24 hours or less.

BULLSEYE said...

I can't say that I can or can not say that I do or do not disagree with what I'm not failing to understand what your failing to try and tell me!