September 10, 2005

A Week of Snapshots

This week all my inspiration (An above average amount of it, actually), has all come in brief but amazingly poignant snapshots. Brilliant. In one way, I really enjoy this; because a snapshot that vivid really stays with you, and can go so many different ways, but at the same time, it really puts a strain on me! I have to do something with it, I can't waste something so beautiful, but it leaves so much work for me. :P

Meh, I shouldn't complain... there are people who are struggling to get inspiration at all, and here I am complaining about an overload. Just a few bullets, more for my own personal reflection than the interests of my (any?) readers....

  • Lewis - (Originally, but briefly, Derrick) Bad film stock, kind of Sepia-toned. This was the most vivid, probably because I was open to it at the time and nurtured it. I actually wrote this one into decent words ---
  • Lewis has the eyes of an intellectual... grey-blue, clear but a shade secretive, large but gently tapered off on either end. Underneath the quiet innocence is a haunted, wary look, and beneath that is one of hunger and confusion, as if he doesn't know himself exactly what he's running from. Once past the eyes, his looks are rather uninspiring; a sharpening of a poor photo reveals little more than a boy of twelve, a little short for his age. His dark, tussled hair is cut close save for a few unruly bangs at that unmanageable length, obscuring his forehead and much of his eyes unless he sweeps it back regularly.

    His face is well featured; he will never be 'dashing', or 'handsome', but perhaps that is for the best. He has enough to deal with without the complications girls would bring. His hands are another surprise. They are wiry and gaunt, more like the hands of a grown man than such a young boy. They are quick and clever, and he relies on them more than he should.
  • A Woman with raven hair, older than she looks, braiding her hair with worn fingers as snow falls around her. There was also a slightly stereotypical and now fuzzy voiceover accompanying it.
  • Another woman on the edge of a (cliff, structure, something), looking over a city of unimaginable beauty, so far beneath that its colours are faded. Or maybe theres another reason... I think she's standing with someone else. There is strong wind. There usually is in my imaginings.

In the first and the last, eyes were the central focus, in the center one, it was her fingers. Kind of a common theme there. Good times, whatever :P

Songs of the Week: Three very different selections: Strangers Like Me, The Dream Within, and Zombie.

No comments: