October 19, 2011

Study Abroad Transcripts

My application to the University of Bergen required me to choose my classes already. It's flexible and I can change things later (hopefully), but still its a little yikes-y. I just checked everything I might want to take and submitted the form, basically. If they get mad I'll claim I don't understand. After all, it wasn't an especially impressive translation. I expected better from the Norwegians. The housing information told me "White Goods" were included.

Anyway, this, while I still don't have my transcript from last semester in Bonn. This actually matters, because there is a small but real chance I failed one of my classes (everything riding on one exam, and fatally misunderstanding that exam, for the fail)... and I am basically totally unsure of how my credits are going to transfer. And whichever ones didn't transfer well, need to be obtained in Bergen.

Most of the other schools seem to have gotten their grades in. Chicago did a few days ago and they are NOT happy. A lot of C's, apparently. Makes me pleased as punch to be from Missouri where when we're abroad, everything is pass-fail. Fingers crossed. But everything pretty much translated well and easily from Spain, so there's some optimistic precedent to look back at.

No comments: