October 07, 2011

Autumn in Missouri

Next to Rollins, there's a beautiful tree with black branches and golden leaves, more beautiful by far than any of the homecoming decorations. Besides the medical building, the birches are nestled into their bed of grey-green grasses that wave spirit-like in the wind. On the MKT, the trees just beyond the cliffs are brilliantly yellow and arch overhead like an impossibly high and weightless roof. Bees and summer still cling to the colorful flowers around Lowry and Jesse hall. Over grindstone trail, vultures swarmed dark beneath a pale moon that matched the clouds in a blue sky. From the top of the cliffs, the woods seemed delightfully painted and rusted over. Orange, yellow, red, brown...

I love my campus, I love my state, I love autumn...

It's nice to be home for this. <3

No comments: