March 10, 2011

Please tell me I'm not just being a sore loser here. I was pretty excited to see the other winners for the photo contest I entered, and was impressed by a lot of them. But this is the one that bumped me down to #2 in my category:


Um, really? Seriously? Big Ben and a Double Decker Bus in London? Not only one of the less adventurous and more stereotypical study abroad locations, it also 'cleverly' combines two of the most stereotypical images of London! I bet a lot of tourists have this same picture minus the slightly cool technique - I know I do.

It's fun to have Big Ben look really clear and with good light, and have the bus zooming by... but it's not THAT cool, and I don't even think it came together with very good composition. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's actually a unique masterpiece worth of first prize. :P But I find it just a sorta cool picture that sums up London. I wouldn't have even submitted it if it were mine. Maybe I'm missing something.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Yours was definitely more striking. How was the voting conducted?

Elindomiel said...

No idea. :P