September 08, 2010

Graduation Plan

So, it's time for me to do the ritual I do every semester, once my schedule is finalized and I'm thinking about registering for the next one. I always have this panic when I think of how much I need to do to graduate... but after wrestling with it for about an average, I always get there.

It's tight. I'm not going to lie. And my failure to take a Spanish class here, and maybe even to take one of my Journalism electives (I'll find out soon), has not exactly improved the situation. (In the chart below, I'm operating on the assumption that I'm going to get credit. If I don't, I'll probably take another elective during the fall when I return. I only have 12 credits listed there now, and even with reporting, I won't be working, so I'm pretty sure I can bump it to 15 with something like photojournalism and be fine). It's tight, but doable, and I have two areas of flexibility that I can and will utilize in order to graduate on time, these being:

1.) I can drop the anthropology minor... this will save me a few credits.
2.) I can stay home instead of studying in Norway... if everything goes according to plan, it won't slow me down to go... but if much more goes wrong, I'm going to need to stay home to get Journalism credits.

So, here we go:


Colour Key:

Red – For Magazine Journalism Major
Orange – For Spanish Major

Blue – For German Minor
Purple – For Anthropology Minor
Green – For General Education, Electives, and International Studies Major


------------------
PAST
------------------

Transfer Credit: (37)
Spanish I
Spanish II

Intermediate Spanish I

Intermediate Spanish II

German I
Introduction to Western Art I
Comparative Political Systems

English Exposition and Argumentation
English Literature

Fall 2008: (16)
General Anthropology
Advanced Spanish Conversation

Regions and Nations of the World I
International Relations
Introduction to Psychology
Exploring Study Abroad *

Spring 2009: (16)
Advanced Spanish Composition
Career Exploration in Journalism *
Principles of American Journalism

Intermediate German II - Language and Culture
Introduction to Statistics
American Government


Fall 2009: (16)
Cross Cultural Journalism

Biological Anthropology
Micro and Macroeconomics
Twentieth Century American History

Spring 2010: (16)
Journalism 2100 - News
Anthropological Theories of Religion
Introduction to Hispanic Literature I

Modern German Culture
Catalan Language and Culture

Special Problems in Geology


------------------
FUTURE
------------------

Fall 2010 @ Pamplona: (12)
Cultura Visual
Literatura y Cine
Fundamentos Culturales de la Communicacion III
Introduction to Linguistics


Spring 2011 @ Bonn: (9 +)
German Language @ Bonn
German Culture/History/??? @ Bonn
Spanish Language/Civilization


Fall 2011 @ MU – (12)
Introduction to Hispanic Literature II
News Reporting @ MU
Communications Law @ MU
Intermediate Writing @ MU


Spring 2012 @ Bergen (12 +)
Spanish Language/Civilization
Anthropology
Anthropology
Norwegian Language

Fall 2012 @ MU (15)
Spanish Peninsular Literature
Spanish American Literature
Journalism Solving Practical Problems @ MU
Magazine Editing @ MU
Magazine Design @ MU


Spring 2012 @ MU (12)
Spanish Capstone @ MU
Advanced Writing Capstone @ MU
German Culture/History/??? @ MU

Journalism Elective

Gradution!! (:D :D :D!! …….. O.O)

4 comments:

Literacultura said...

Is possible to get two majors and minor? Why are you so interested on get double major and minor? ... I am courious =D
P.s: I am only going for a major, and a certification =D

Elindomiel said...

Haha, technically it is three majors, and two minors. XD It is possible... I have my reasons.

1.) Journalism is because that's my 'real major' - its the best journalism school in the world, and my dream job is to be a travel journalist.

2.) International Studies is because its easy and fun, I pretty much get the major from my classes from high school and freshman year, and from studying abroad. And it complements journalism for my dream job.

3.) Spanish is because my realistic job is to be a Spanish teacher. And it's not that hard to get.

4.) German minor because I like German and am studying abroad in Germany, so not much extra work.

5.) Anthropology minor is because I realized that I already almost had the minor, plus I can easily get the credits studying abroad, and it only complements my other majors. :)

But that doesn't mean everyone should get more than one... one is normally fine... XD

Tina said...

Your reasons are that you're an autodidact and a crazy person.

Girl, please please please take news reporting during the summer. You'll thank me when you're older. It's totally 100% worth it to not have to have what amounts to a at least half time job AND school AND whatever else you're involved with.

Elindomiel said...

I really really want to/should have taken it last summer. But is it flexible when you take it? Because next summer I'll still be in Germany. Silly German school year.