October 31, 2009

Navratan Korma

I tried another SWAD microcurry today. It was Navratan Korma, and I think it is my favourite yet. The official description is: Mixed Vegetable in Cashew Sauce with Pineapple. When you heat it, the finished product doesn't quite look like what's shown on the cover. It is more liquid and a darker colour. However, it is delicious. It is heavy on cauliflower, but I never enjoyed cauliflower so much. The pineapple, which I think exists only to flavour the dish, adds a certain welcome sweetness.

The dish tastes so rich that I assumed it would be less healthy than the other two SWAD microcurries I've written about. When am I going to learn? It is actually the healthiest yet! One serving contains 6.3% of your daily fat intake, and 7.9% of your total sodium. Amazing for microwaveable yumminess!

No comments: