October 28, 2009

Life is Crazy

It's fall. It's much warmer than a few weeks ago - we might not have a freakishly cold winter, after all. The last weeks it's been mostly raining and cloudy, and last night the sky looked red at midnight, the way it does when it's cloudy here. It's somewhat eerie. But today the sky was blue and it almost threw me off. I'm too busy for a blue sky at the moment. In the evening the light was long and golden and the air felt perfect.

It's a stressful time. It's not a bad time, I've had a lot of fun. But it's very stressful. There have been job stresses like iLife and the flood. I am worried about some family stuff. There are so many things I need to take care of right now - tests, projects, registration, changing the oil. I'm out of money again, or close enough, and angry at myself for it. That's what I get for taking two weekend trips and eating out all the time, though. My grades could be better, and I hate most of my classes.

I owe Liisa an email quite badly. I have written three cards I haven't yet had the chance to send out. I promised some of my residents a pumpkin carving party that I'm going to try to squeeze in tomorrow. I've got four parties to attend this weekend. I desperately need sleep but I'm not really going to get it until tomorrow.

I have travel rabies. I expected to take a bit longer to recover from Japan. Sometimes I feel that travelling only makes my wanderlust worse. I'm also very upset by the fact that I'm not really learning any languages right now. I'm so tempted to overcompensate and sign up for two or three next semester.

Life is good, but life is crazy. :( I am blogging so that I can ease myself into concentration.

No comments: