September 15, 2009

Stress and Stupidity

This morning I realized that I didn't have my jacket. Or the map I got yesterday. With a bit of mental backtracking, I realized that I left it/them either in the computer lab in Johnston or in my Economics classroom. The Econ Classroom was more likely, since I sort of dashed out right when the bell rang to get to the FIG class on time. I asked at Johnston and they knew nothing. I found my jacket in the back of the Econ room :), but no map. :(

My schedule is now officially full to bursting, and it's jumped straight from quite manageable to full of irreconcilable conflicts. For example, I am supposed to be in two small groups this year.

One, for Cross Cultural Journalism, is one of the largest 'small groups' I've ever worked in. It's about 15 people, and they decided to meet tonight and asked for times we were available. I said I was available except for from 5:30 - 7:30, since that's when I have the South Staff meeting. Guess when they scheduled the small group meeting? 6-7. Right. So it's not even possible for me to leave one early and get to the other one late, since it's a half hour walk from where I live to where they're having the meeting (almost the furthest possible point from where I live). It's not personal, of course, I just think that if you have a 'small' group expected to coordinate and meet outside of class, it should be around 8 people at the most. Because I don't know how I'm going to do this.

The other is for Biological Anthropology. I was supposed to be able to get honors credit through contract for that class by attending a discussion group every week. This would really be my only chance at staying n the honors college, since most Journalism classes don't offer honors credit, and Biological Anthropology would potentially give me 5, and I'd be all caught up. But the teacher says he can't find a time for everyone to meet, so he'll probably have to cancel the honors discussion group. I want to know what he means by everyone - couldn't we pick a time most people could come and sacrifice the others? I mean, it sucks, yeah, but I would be less frustrated if they 'sacrificed' me, than if they just canceled the whole thing. It sucks for everyone.

While trying to figure all of this out, I came back to the dorm. I had a few packages and while I was opening them a lady came with stuff for iLife, asking for a Miranda, so I actually got three packages. Feel popular. :D The problem (of course there was a problem), is that one of the packages is something I ordered from Amazon about two weeks ago, and they didn't charge my credit card until it shipped or something... so here I was thinking that had already gone through and that I had 30$ in my account, and suddenly I have 10$. I was comfortably broke and now I'm just destitute. The other problem is that I had ordered an extra small t-shirt. Yeah, extra small my ass. The thing is HUGE. I mean, insanely huge. Reslife gives out really big shirts, but this is the size of their medium, and it's an EXTRA SMALL. I brainstormed ways to use it but gave up. It's so big I think it would even be uncomfortable to sleep in, and anyway I don't pay 20$ for sleepshirts. So I actually had to email the company about it and we'll see how that turns out.

AHHHH!!!!

No comments: