August 25, 2007

'Food' Vocabulary

Why do I even bother? I've been going through the motions of the first chapters of my Norwegian material, because somehow it seems right to go through these things formally before I move forward. I was writing down the word list I want for food in English, and then I was going to write the Norwegian equivalants in the next column (looking them up), and then quiz myself until I knew all the words. But when I hit Cola (which, surprise, surprise, is the same word), I switched to Norwegian and had written about 20 words before I even noticed it. So the list now reads:


Knife
Fork
Spoon
Plate
Mug
Bowl
Glass
Sugar
Tea
Cola
Kaffe
Brød
Ris
Fisk
Tomater
Mais
Mango
Egg
Ristet brød
Eple...

And so on. I blame being tired for not noticing, but honestly... :P Altadonna better be happy.

No comments: