May 31, 2007

El Caribé

So we passed over the beautiful blue Caribbean on the way to Cozumel. I'm not a HUGE fan of the beach vacation, but I am in love with the gorgeous sea many are set in. The Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico are the bluest, warmest waters I know... in fact, their water travels up on Europe following strange currents and ends up keeping it livable, too!

Anyhow, the thought occurred to me that if I do, in fact, end up living abroad, I won't see much of the Caribbean anymore. Most of my travel will probably be over 'the pond', and when I do go on a tropical vacation, it'll most likely be to the Mediterranean or off the coast of Spain or Africa. I might even get adventurous and do Asia.

There's nothing inherently wrong with any of that. I want to experience as much as I can, so obviously that means I can't keep doing the same things over and over in my life. But still, it's strange to think about. My family's only had the means to do Caribbean vacations for a few years, and already I feel like it's such a part of my life...

I'm so spoiled! :P

No comments: