March 04, 2006

School Food...

The stress finally got to me. Lunch was supposed to be the best part of our day; unstructured, free. In reality, we were shoved in a loud, dirty cafeteria and forced to shove our faces as fast as we possibly could. So, I had had enough. I went to the library one day to do research instead, and had an absolutely brilliant time of it. I went back the next day, and met with my friend Stephanie. We read together. We've done it every day since. It's wonderful, really. We bring a very light lunch, or none at all, and read. Nonfiction, of course, unless theres some fiction book absolutely consuming our conscious. I find its a nice, calm center to my day. I gather my thoughts and prepare for Spanish, English, and Math after the bell.

The weird thing is, I've lost 5 pounds since I started doing that. No other lifestyle changes. So I guess the cafeteria food actually is bad for you! Now I'm at 90 pounds, 41.2 kilos, which is supposedly my perfect weight. Neat-o, eh?

No comments: