February 05, 2012

Bad Weather Day

I have a sort of sickness that prohibits me from staying in when the weather is good.

And I've always been very generous with my definition of 'good weather', as Allan, Amy, Zahra, Esther, and many others can attest to.

Bergen has only made me more forgiving. Hail? No problem. Rain? No problem. Snow? No problem. Clouds? Oh, I thought that was just how the sky looked!

I've started to believe the saying here, that there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing.

But then there are some days... when it's -5 or -6 celsius, and there's enough snow coming down to block out the view of the mountain and the city from my window, and in the strong winds it's almost looks like as much snow is going back up again.

On days like today, I can finally give myself permission to stay in. Make gingerbread cookies (the dough needed to be used), do a bit of tidying (I was pretty much completely out of socks), and do some relaxing, quiet activities (I haven't opened a book since I arrived, and I'm behind on all my blogs).

Thank god for February...

No comments: