January 11, 2012

Koselig

Koselig - Cozy, Snug, etc

I am very cozy and lucky in my new dorm here. The room is a great size, at first I complained about the bathroom because it was cold, but now I realize heated floors and amazing hot water pressure can make up for that, the kitchen is nice with every appliance I could ask for there and waiting to be used (and used it shall be).

My roommates have all been super nice and they've created an environment that I quite like and which is perfect for learning Norwegian. A radio plays constantly in the kitchen with Norwegian news, audio books, classical music, etc randomly flipping back and forth. The kitchen has a common bookshelf filled with Norwegian comic books like Pondus. And even in the bathroom there's a selection of magazines in Norwegian, natural science and linguistics ones. And everyone has been willing to talk to me in Norwegian even if my language skills leave a lot to be desired.

Best of all, there's tons of common property and things that have been left in my room, so I have to buy surprisingly little. I arrived in my room to find an ethernet cord and a lamp, and in the kitchen I can use the frying pans, pots, cutting boards, plates, bowls, glasses, and silverware. :)

Things are great here!

No comments: