September 17, 2011

Whoa!

Nash and I watched the first episode of Game of Thrones. He kept hearing rumors about Hoochfest, the legendary Journalism party, being that night - but we were pretty sure we had debunked it after talking to several people who were very involved in previous years. Then we went and shopped at the Indian store, picked up Tabi and ran to Plaza for dinner.

Going home, I found a text message from Clint, who I lived with Freshman year and basically haven't seen since then. He wanted me to go to a bar for some music. I ended up going because I felt like I did have some energy left after all, it was Friday night, and I felt bad for not texting him back last week about making Gimbap together.

The bar was sorta okay, we met up with Nate (also from Freshman year) and this other guy, Steven, who not only lived with us Freshman year but happened to go to High School and Middle School with me, all those years ago. Despite all the contact, I would say we've always been friendly, but never friends.

After the bar, we went to a club for just a few minutes, then, ignoring more Hoochfest rumors, we headed to Nate and Steven's place.

And for four hours straight, we argued about 1.) What life's most fundamental question is, 2.) Whether or not God exists, 3.) Whether or not it would help or even change the world situation if we could definitively prove whether or not God existed and share this information with the world, 4.) Gay marriage.... etc etc etc.

People argue about these things all the time. They don't have easy answers, I guess. And Nate and Steven are roommates and they get along so well partly, I suspect, because they like to debate these things in a civilized, logical, respectful yet passionate manner with one another. They've spent night after sleepless night debating those very points.

And yet - we got somewhere. With Clint and I in the mix, we got somewhere. We actually came to agreements on a number of huge things - the most concrete of which being the gay marriage issue, but also a lot of other more abstract principles.

What a cool night!

No comments: