June 28, 2011

What Have You Done Lately?

So Lucia asked what I'd been up to lately, said we hadn't spoken since I went to the Netherlands or then-abouts.

Well.

I went to the Black Forest and picture-perfect Alsace-Lorraine for Easter
I went to Finland for May Day (that's Vappu to you!) and slept in a bird tower in the forest
Dad visited me and we went to Drachenfels and Rhine in Flames
Liisa visited me and we hit up Maastricht and took a castle cruise on the Rhine
I toured the grubby Ruhr-gebiet, Wuppertal, Dusseldorf, and some of the rural area around Münster
I went to Belgium, couchsurfed in Ghent and saw Oostende, Brugge, Brussels, Antwerp and Mechelen
I went to Niedersachsen, celebrated Abitur, saw Bremen and went for a walk on water in Cuxhaven
I flew to Venice for 20 euros and spent hours hopping from island to island
I swam in Lago di Garda and played in Verona and took the best train ride of my life to Innsbruck, Austria
I loved Liechtenstein, small as it was, then had a miserable time in Switzerland and a worse time getting home
I went to Berlin for a week and saw clubs and palaces and the Reichstag and the Stasi Headquarters and a concentration camp and the remains of 'the wall' and three major museums

And you know, just sort of lived in Germany. Went to classes and did my thing.

In other words, not much. How about you?

No comments: