June 30, 2011

Star Wars Virginity

Tonight's the night. I'm going to lose my Star Wars Virginity.

That's right, I've never seen Star Wars. I, who lived on the internet in Middle School and still spend a sizeable amount of time in the geek-o-sphere, have never seen what amounts to one of its most sacred pillars.

I never planned not to see Star Wars. I mean, it didn't appeal to me as much as Lord of the Rings, but I never made a promise not to see it or anything like that. It simply... never happened. It's become so weird it's that it's become a part of my identity, a conversational asset. People I've been friends with for years have freaked out multiple times when it's come up (they keep mentally blocking it out, I guess it's just that hard to believe.)

And I'll miss my little joke about it: "No, I haven't seen Star Wars, but I know all about it, just like scientists know about Black Holes" - I've seen the way everything reacts to it, the void has a clear outline, but is a void nonetheless. Until tonight. O.O

No comments: