December 03, 2010

Still Life in Spain

It's snowing pretty hard today. First serious exam tomorrow - Cultura Visual.

My grocery list:

Milk
Relleno (bloodless blood sausage from Pamplona)
Baguette
Tomato sauce
6 Eggs

I could have survived the day with what I had in my cupboard, and shouldn't have wasted the time with my exam approaching, but then again it only takes ten minutes, and tomorrow I'm busy, and Sunday it'll be closed, and Monday and Tuesday perhaps too - there's some sort of holiday. Even today lots of things are closed for Dia de Navarra, but luckily not the grocery store. Besides, I wanted to feel the snow under my own feet - this was an excuse.

Plaza Felix Huarte has nine new residents as of this morning - very pale and a bit misshapen. I don't know if they'll make it to nightfall - the temperature is only just at freezing, after all.

My room smells like the wet laundry hung up to dry. It's not unpleasant. There's enough light bouncing off the snow and coming in through the window that I can leave the electric ones turned off. The air is cool but I've got my wool socks and a sweatshirt on as I sit in bed and study with a mug of Colacao. Life is good.

No comments: