December 15, 2010

3 Days and Counting...

Last day in Askatasuna today. They bought me a scarf as a Christmas present!! ;_; They totally didn't have to do that! And they even got black because they noticed that my coat was black and that in the picture I had of my friends and me I was wearing black! One of the teachers (the sweet one who wants to live in the U.S. for a few years, and loves skiing etc) gave me a piece of paper with her phone number, address, etc on it, that says, "You will welcome at my house." She also told me this herself and was muttering something about San Fermines when another teacher took me away for something. So nice. ^^

Hotel in Bilbao booked, buses figured out, itinerary sent home. Package sent to Austria (a little stressful and twice the expected price, but still a slight savings in the long run. and a lot easier). Took my second to last final. Didn't feel great about it between the different format / different expectations / Spanish / the material being a bit hard to study for (almost common sense... you know the type). But, what else is new, and I keep reminding myself that I only need to pass, and I only need like a 50% to pass.

I weighed myself out of curiosity. Despite churros and Milka and having a deep fryer in the house that I've become quite good at using, I'm going home the exact same weight as I left. Which meant I could go to Beatriz and buy one last box of Garrotes. I met up with Sofia and Nadine one last time and we went to a little cafe called La Hormiga Atomica (the atomic ant). I ordered in Basque, but that meant all of one word was in Basque, and he didn't seem to notice. :P I got photos with Nadine, Sofia, Patri, and Daphne, and they all signed my flag (Patri signed for Daphne ;)). Tomorrow if I get signatures and photos from Florencia, Gema, and Mary, then that's really everyone. Even Gianfranco's coming back so I'll get his!

It's getting decently cold now. But I can make it a few more days, even without a coat. Tonight it was all in the wind (actually a balmy 0!) and when a wall or something blocked it for a second a sort of warm relief washed over me. Every time I take any little side street now I realize it might be my last time.

To do: Send christmassy things to Liisa and Rinna, withdraw a bit more money so I'm good for Bilbao (extra doesn't hurt, I can bring it to Germany so I'm okay on arrival). Buy presents for Todd and Rachel, Laura, and Zahra. Complete all obligations (from exams to parties). Get to Bilbao. Get home. Y ya esta.

No comments: