March 24, 2008

Personality Test

1. Energizing - How a person is energized:

§ Extroversion (E) - Preference for drawing energy from the outside world of people, activities or things.

§ Introversion (I) - Preference for drawing energy from one's internal world of ideas, emotions, or impressions.

I am strongly/moderately I. This is probably because I definitely have that 'need to recharge', but I don't want to be alone all the time. I like to go out, talk to people, then retreat. Then go out, talk to people, retreat. Stimulation from others is important to me but I can become overwhelmed...

2. Attending - What a person pays attention to:

§ Sensing (S) - Preference for using the senses to notice what is real.

§ Intuition (N) - Preference for using the imagination to envision what is possible - to look beyond the five senses. Jung calls this "unconscious perceiving".

I was 100% N. I like the idea of sensing, and I thought on one page that I had one of the features of it - strong memory for details. But I would say I do a lot more 'deep thought' and such. I spend most of my time thinking about connections between things.


3. Deciding - How a person decides:

§ Thinking (T) - Preference for organizing and structuring information to decide in a logical, objective way.

§ Feeling (F) - Preference for organizing and structuring information to decide in a personal, value-oriented way.


When I was reading about the two, I felt pretty divided. But when I took the test I was definitely (moderately expressed) F. I value my feelings a lot on things, but I usually try to find facts that fit with them. If the facts are overwhelming, my feelings change. I think I balance them fairly well.



4. Living - Life style a person prefers:

§ Judgment (J) - Preference for living a planned and organized life.

§ Perception (P) - Preference for living a spontaneous and flexible life.

I was very weakly J. I feel very divided about both of these, which is probably why I got that score. On one hand, the idea of spontaneity excites me, and I like to have free time and decide what to do with it. On the other, I like to do something with it. I'm usually studying or something. Even if I don't have a plan until that hour, I immediately construct a plan instead of wandering around aimlessly. I also plan trips and stuff out fairly well months in advance.


Finally, I was INFJ - apparently the rarest possible personality type. This always happens to me! :P

No comments: