November 11, 2007

Lovely Saturday

I had work off because we were to stay at the lake, but instead we came home early Saturday morning and I spent all day online, chatting with old friends. I had more windows up on messenger than I have for years. At one point it even became too much... I was talking to Alberto (Spanish), Svein (English), and Caroline (Norwegian) actively, and Lucía (Spanish-English) passively, when Stian (English w/ some Norwegian) and Isa (Spanish) came on. Ahh! :P

I chatted a bit with Lucía and caught up with Isa. I met my new friend Alberto... he goes to my school, needs help with his English, and doesn't have many friends, so Lucía and I have volunteered. :D I talked to Caroline for the first time in a while... she probably would have forgotten who I was if I hadn't been that weird American who could speak a small bit of norsk. We only spoke in Norwegian, so that was good practice.

I talked to Jashen at one point too... he's so fun. ^^ And huggy, as I believe he said himself. Apparently he's got a huge blog post brewing that I'll need to check out this week.

Svein and I chatted for a good while. I missed Evan... it's so fun with the three of us. He was gone all day, probably for that UN thing or his class trip, can't remember, I'm awful. :D Anyhow, Svein and I played pronunciation practice once I got my microphone working. (Turns out it was a driver problem... :D) Apparently I was saying Svein too much like Swine... there's less juncture between the S and the V than I anticipated. Fixed that and had him throw correct pronunciation of Lene and Stian into the bargain.

So, when Stian and I finally got the MSN thing right, I was actually able to say his name right for the first time. Then the two of us talked for several hours.

Amazing that it could have been good for my mental sanity - since the break up, it's usually stressful and awkward to talk to him. Instead, for the most part, it felt good.

We spent the time mostly just catching up, of course. Amazing how so many things change while so many things stay the same. I was surprised to see how much both of us had grown up and changed, especially physically. For some reason I wasn't expecting that. And it was nice to hear that I wasn't the only one who had ever harboured any regrets about the way things turned out, even if we're both content now.

I said Good Night, and he told me he hoped I had terrible nightmares. I didn't... I slept better than I have in months. Pleasant day, really needed it. :D

No comments: