November 04, 2007

Fall Break

I'm sort of fed up with America not having a fall break, except for like two days for Thanksgiving, so I decided to take my own in the form of a five day weekend. We had Friday off, and I'm going to an out of town concert on Monday night, so I won't be back in school until Wednesday. Yay! :D

I have a lot of makeup work, but it's SO worth it.

Friday was great, in the morning we had a birthday party for Lucia... really small but happy. Sara and Claudia and Lisa and I went and kidnapped her from her house... I don't think they do that in Chile or Brazil, she was kind of surprised. Best part was her talking to her mom in Spanish...

"Don't worry about me, I'll come back..." And I was like...

"Di Adios a Lucia! No vas a verla otra vez!" :D

Then we went to IHOP and ate... I tried pumpkin pancakes with Boysenberry syrup... yummy... :D For some reason we had major accounting issues, though, trying to split the bill four ways so Lucia wouldn't have to pay... and working out the tip... everyone felt like they paid twice their bill, kind of funny, but no one really cared. We're finally getting to that age where, while a few dollars might still matter to us, they don't matter enough to make any sort of deal about it.

Aww, it was so cute.

In the evening Melissa and I went to see the Elizabeth movie. It was pretty good, focused on the Pirate romance but the war in Spain for some reason drew some attention as well. :P The movie was harshly reviewed but it wasn't horrible - not amazing but not horrible. The architecture and costumes were gorgeous, and I loved understanding the Spanish and, to an extent, the German.

Then of course I worked on Saturday and couldn't go to church when I got home because Tidbit was freaking out from being alone all day and I didn't feel I could leave her. Then today I slept in, hung out with Lucia awhile to get a head start on my Neruda project (I swear, I want to die... I chose an English project which requires I translate lots and lots of complicated literary Spanish...), and then I've been trying to do my housework and break up my homework in an easy to travel way.

This is good for my mental health. ^^

Oh, and I had a lovely time talking with Evan and Svein in Norwegian... I think I did okay, I mean, they were always correcting me, but Evan even made a few mistakes... and besides, I was proud to be able to communicate. I also made my first two posts on diskusjon.no, although the first doesn't really count, but it made me feel more confident. Yay! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man... this is awesome... u can actually comment even if u dont have a blog... i like this... if i liked writing more, i'd definitelly have one of these... lol...

so... i was passing by and i saw my name... now i feel special... hahaha... and because im curious and a bit of a stalker and i looked at an entry from oct 2006... man... was i THAT obscure that year??? (yeap... i was... =P) u werent even sure about my beautiful name!!! lol.. its ok Miranda... i forgive u.. =D

so... i just passed by to say hi... i miss u girl! Eng class is weird without u there... i have no one to give me weird stares or make funny comments... lol... but its ok... u'll be back soon... then u'll tell me everything about the concert, etc...

oh! and u have to have ur poet presentation for Thursday... not sure if Ms smith told you... but she worte it on the board... =D and tomorrow we'll be correcting essays... IM SCARED!!! hahaha... i think i'll fail... i'm gonna get a 1... -_-... its ok... i know u will help me with it and tutor me if necessary.. cuz u WILL... RIGHT??? hehehehe...

so.. gtg... should be reading IM... i'm in the middle of ch 23... and we have to be done by thursday... so... not good... im just reminding u... just in case... =D

ok... cya girl!!! =D