July 14, 2007

Sort of, Kind of Official


So, this is how the whole thing started:


First I was just going to go on a little trip to Costa Rica with my Spanish Class...

But then, right as I started getting excited, it looked like that trip was going to be cancelled.

I was joking when I asked Liisa if I could visit her in Finland...

But then suddenly I wasn't.

And then the Costa Rica trip didn't get cancelled.

And I made the only possible decision.

I would do both.



-----



I started working hard, making money, learning Finnish...

I was at the table eating breakfast when my dad asked me, "Would you rather go to Italy or Costa Rica?"

That was poorly phrased.

The trip would start out in Italy, then it could go anywhere.

We worked out a plan - we'd go from Turin to Barcelona through the south of France and the Pyrenees, hitting Cannes and Monaco on the way.

Then Dad wanted to add in Venice.

Then Mom realized how close Switzerland was.

We've already mentioned how bad I am at making choices...



-----


Anyway, I chose both.

All Three.

Everything.


--------
Six Weeks, Six Countries, Six Languages,* One Arrogant American, One Really Big Suitcase

666...


But anyway, so it begins.


* 666 ???
* Six Weeks - Two in Costa Rica, Two in Mediterranean-Alps, Two in Finland
* Six Countries - Costa Rica, Italy, Switzerland, France and Monaco, Spain, Finland
* Six Languages - Spanish, Italian, German, French, Finnish, Swedish

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun. My parents want to go on a Europe trip too, though I doubt it will be as long as yours. :) Long vacations can be fun, but very tiring.