April 06, 2011

Registration

The credit situation was supposed to be easy here. Ah well, it´s really not too bad. The schedule may look weird, but I think I´m going to get all the German credits and all the Social Sciences credits I need. That leaves only Spanish, but I´m taking a Spanish class this fall that I hadn´t planned on, so it should be okay. There is a class here that may qualify, but it looks like it would transfer as 2.5 credits, and obviously there´s no way to get .5. I´m going to explain the situation to the professor and find out if there is any possibility of getting it bumped from 5 to 6 ECTS if I do some extra work, but I´m not overly hopeful. Basically, it comes down to next Spring. I´m toying with the possibility of going to Latin America instead of Norway. :S I´m very conflicted. I looked at Bergen´s site today and it looks very easy and straightforward to get a Spanish Literature credit there - maybe too good to be true (15 ECTS??? That would be 7.5 American Credits... in other words, all the literature I need.) Basically I just need to get really serious about the course proposal if I do that.

No comments: