February 21, 2011

February in Florida

February so far is my favourite month in Florida. That's convenient, because it's my least favourite month back home in Missouri. It makes a good point for being a snowbird, I have to say. Already gone with January are the horrible, horrible days where you had to wear a jacket on the boat and deal with the dreaded sea-fog. We're back to sunny blue skies and the water in the intercoastal sparkling grey and filled with dolphins. There were five of them at once when I looked out yesterday.

I'm down to less than a week to go before Germany. I'm doing some laundry, some packing. I'm about to step out for some last minute purchases - like a new pair of street shoes and a little external hard drive. Tomorrow lunch with grandma, learning to drive a manual car... Wednesday writing club and a luncheon afterwards... Thursday meeting Kris and Kai for Thai food... Friday off to Sarasota with Mary... Saturday my 21st birthday/going away part with the family.... Sunday my flight leaves for Deutschland. There's other stuff going on, too. A Skype conversation until the early hours of the morning. I have no time for any choices, but I'm just going with it for now.

No comments: