December 15, 2009

Uncertainty...

This week I'm entirely consumed with studying and reslife stuff. This morning I had to get up at 6:30 to do finals food - poor Tina had to get up way earlier to go buy the food. After all that was said and done I actually went and took an hour long nap before getting up to do more studying for Econ. Urgh... yeah, this isn't going to be my best semester. The worst of it is that most of my grades are borderline, and I'm only in four classes, so I don't really know if it's going to be about the same as next semester, or whether it's going to be bad bad bad.

Econ is the worst - I think I'll probably get a B, but a C is possible. I was very happy with the first part of the exam, it was a lot like the practice problems I did. The second part was a massacre. But, I counted how many answers I was reasonably sure of, and it came to about 72%... and I narrowed a lot of the others down and made good, educated guesses on them - so if I get even a third of those right, I'll scape a B on the final, and therefore a B in the class. There's also the 25 point, not yet graded Journalism final to add in - I usually do well (low A) on those. So a B is likely but not guaranteed. O.o

History is the one I'm most certain on, but the final essay is a third of the grade and a single essay, so I can't get too complacent. I have a low A in History as it stands (the only grades have been two essays), and I should end up with an A...

In Biological Anthropology I really deserve an A and I think my chances of getting one are very high. Assessments have been surprisingly difficult, but I've gotten mostly high B's on those, and I've done all the assignments, quizzes, labs, have perfect attendance, etc. And even with a less than stellar score on the lab final, I have an A in the lab section. Basically, I really should get an A in the class, but it's very possible for me to mess it up on the final, so I'm going to study hard tonight.

Journalism is finished - though I don't have my final grade yet I'm pretty confident I have a B - but even here the grading is 100% subjective so I don't really know.

The uncertainty is killing me.

The light at the end of the tunnel is that my classes next semester promise to be much kinder. German culture and Catalan Language and Culture should be A's, because I'll love them, Spanish Literature should be an A because I'm good at it, Anthropological Theories of Religion I think I can ace because it's interesting and I'll have Tina as a study partner, and that leaves only News which is supposedly quite hard, but if I get a B in one class I'll survive.

No comments: