December 31, 2006

The Parking Lot

I love you and I hate you as you come out of your huge SUV with your Supersized Burger shouting curse words into your cell with a smile, filling the cool air of a winter noon with the sight of your enormous red coat and flushed cheeks.

I love you and I hate you, you teenage girls with skinny, shapeless forms and five-colour-highlighted hair, whispering and smirking and staring and pointing, congregating for half an hour before you leave in a savvy hurry.

I love you and I hate you, you are my family and you are strangers. I mock you and then I follow you into Quiznos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Editing is fun!! X_X

This might work for community exile, if you expanded on it. I'm also probably going to do a story/vignette for community exile myself.

The Wash. U. exhibit is free, and open on Sat. and Sun. from 11-6, so we have a comfy window of time to look through it.