December 31, 2006

Borders

I went to Borders today for the first time in a while. I was planning to buy more than I did, and I had the money too, but I figured I had to save some for the rest of the week in case I go out. I really wanted Teach Yourself Finnish, but it was about 30$, and I only had 90$ total. I ended up buying a European Phrasebook (with Finnish, German, Norwegian, Spanish, and some less important languages all bundled into a TINY little Berlitz book), another all audio Italian course (I finished the last one... the first foreign language course I've ACTUALLY finished?), and Eragon (for some mindless, clean reading).

I had to park a long way from the mall, as it's still Holiday season. That was fine walking in, the weather was really pleasant. It's very cloudy lately, with muted, colourful sunlight, which makes for absolutely gorgeous skies. When I came out, however, it was pouring down rain, and I ran all the way to my car. It was a good thing I had brought my grocery shopping bag to fill with books, because it rebels water a little, but my jeans and shirt were absolutely soaked. Still, I was happy, which goes to show that personality, circumstances at a whole, and some mysterious X factor have far more to do with mood than comfort and other fleeting things. I sang the approximately one-fourth appropriate Dido song "Thank You" and dreamed of a nice hot bath on the way home.

No comments: