June 09, 2005

An Idea

You know how most fantasy books are so European... like their not really set in Europe, but you can feel it all around; you look at a map, you have a blobby bay where the Mediterranean would be, you have your unexplored southern continent, you have the mostly vertical orientation and the northern, icy oceans? Well Ive decided, that in all the lazy and inaccurate ways I want, Im going to base my worlds more of the American continent. Because I'm not amazingly fond of American culture, and because we have no long term history to speak of, it'll be mostly ecology and stuff that I'm mirroring, but I think it would be interesting, because America is what I know, so I think Ill be more comfortable with that. And; America is the melting pot, and my imagination is basically Western with Eastern ideas here and there, so that should work well, don't you think?

No comments: