November 17, 2009

Minors?

I was looking at the classes I've taken thus far and those I'm signed up for next semester. And I realized something.

By the end of next semester, I will have taken...

11 credits of Anthropology:
General Anthropology (3)
Biological Anthropology (5)
and Anthropological Theories of Religion (3)

and

6 credits of German:
Intermediate German Language II (3)
Contemporary German Culture (3)

The point is that minors only require 15 credits.

I had already determined that I would almost certainly take Cultural Anthropology at some point, which would bring me to 14 Anthropology credits. If I take anything relating to Anthropology when I'm abroad, then, which I think is very possible, I'll end up with an Anthropology minor.

German seems more of a long shot at first glance, but think. For a German minor you need 9 credits on campus. If I just take one more German class later on, for example a folklore class or anything at all (and International Studies is super flexible :D), I'm all set for credits I need to take at MU. I'll take at least one German language class when I'm at Bonn, and almost certainly a class about Germany, history, culture, something of that nature when I'm at Bonn as well. Since that class will be taught in German, it counts.

So I think I'm going to end up with a degree in Journalism (with an emphasis in Magazine) and a degree in International Studies (with an emphasis in European Studies) and Spanish, with minors in German and Anthropology. Kind of scary looking. :D But, I think, doable without any extra time, I'll just have to use my Study Abroads wisely.

No comments: