February 09, 2005

When Im Published

Add this to my list of reasons I want to be a published author:
I can know I thought it first. I mean, how many times have you read a book, and wished with a passion that you had thought of something in it (a plot, a location, a charector), before the author? How many times have you thought "I already have, I think, but now I can't use it anyway because it'll be cheating. Its the worst, of course, with clever metaphores; Ive learned the hard way that less can be more in that direction.

I havent dwelled on this too much since I read Lirael and thought I would have killed for the library setting, but A Song of Ice and Fire is about to do me in. I swear, I love the book but I fight my way through every page thick with jealousy. Am I a bad person?

No comments: